Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe back pain

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
hi doctor, i have a sever back pain and i dont know what should i do for now. i have had pain killers and i dont think its helping me...i had a fall last week. is it anything serious???
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain with fall needs attention...

Detailed Answer:

Since there is history of fall, I would not want to ignore this problem. A physical examination and if needed radiological investigations - X-ray/MRI scan of the back is warranted.

Until you see the doctor, you can continue with pain killers twice a day. I will prefer paracetamol + diclofenac combination drugs in this case along with muscle relaxants. Give it sufficient rest. Use ice and warm compressions alternatively. Avoid strenuous physical activity. Sleep on a flat and hard surface.

Without physical examination it is difficult to predict the severity here. But if you have no weakness, no problems with urination/stool and have no sensory complaints, it is most likely not sinister. However I still insist you see a doctor for detailed evaluation.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need clarification.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor