Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Posted on Thu, 5 Jun 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi

My mother age is 40 she is having severe back pain could you please suggest treatment for her, actually i planned to bring her for full body checkup on coming Saturday but now am postpone that due to some economical problem what i need is

1.What kind of specialist i need to consult for my mom

2.what treatment i need to go for my mom

3.how much expense it will take

4.In madurai/thirunelveli best hospital for this treatment your suggestion

5.i planned next month to bring her for treatment upto that what kind of treatments she needs to follow also please suggest some medicines temporarily

(2 years back she removed her uterus)

Thanks & regards,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to see a Neuro Spine specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic. I see that you mother is is suffering from severe back pain.

For the time being, Over the counter pain medications like Dolo or Brufen will help with her pain.

She needs to be consulted by a Neuro-Spine Specialist or an Ortho Spine specialist

Depending on what the doctor sees when she is examined, she may need to go for X-rays and MRI's An MRI can cost around 5k.

Treatment depends on the problem. Sometimes the issue can be managed through medications and exercise. Other times she may need surgery. Again, it all depends on what the problem is.

Very sorry, we have no database of hospitals in that area.

I hope this helps, feel free to follow-up. Thanks

Vinay
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

Neurologist, Surgical