question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe back pain post surgeries

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: I have had surgery on my back and they put rods in my whole back...twice..in the past two years...I am having more pain now then I did before they did the surgery...It goes across the middle of my back
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
See a pain management doctor!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these pains that you have continued to experience despite 2 surgeries. At this time, good pain management is the best way forward. Your drugs are simply not right and I will suggest that you see a pain management physician. This way, pain medications tailored to address your pain and improve your quality of live would be evaluated and instituted. There is no ned to continue this way. Personally, I discourage any further back surgeries to address this condition as there are more reasons to believe this is no longer amendable to surgery. Most potent pain medications are controlled substances and requires a script from your treating doctor. Keep me posted about this and more so if you are having any difficulties going about it!

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah