Suggest treatment for severe back pain and shortness of breath

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I have had severe back Pain for two days now, sharp stabbing pain only on my right side when I move or breath, I've also been experiencing shortness of breath and in last 2 hours my skin on my forehead my chest and my back is all red and blotchy, please can you tell what it might be please and what to do? Thank you DR
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be musculoskeletal pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Presence of pain which is severe and on one side of back could be either due to

1. Herpes Zoster Pre-eruption neuralgia

0r

2. Musculosketal pain usually due to muscle spasm

I assume there is no radiation of pain in thigh or weakness while walking

It would be very helpful if you could provide me clinical photograph for further evaluation of eruptions over chest and back

In the meantime I would suggest you the following

1. Bed rest

2. Hot water fomentation to affected area of pain either by using hot water bag or cloth soaked in hot water

3. Analgesics like Ibuprofen will be helpful along with skeletal muscle relaxant like Chlorzoxazone will be helpful

Awaiting your further response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha