Suggest treatment for severe back pain and constipation
Need to go in to be seen for this.
Hello and welcome,
It is an online chat, but sometimes we don't get to all of the questions quickly (depending on number of doctors on the site at a time and the number of questions).
I definitely think you should go in to be examined because of the fresh bleeding. The bleeding may be from a a small rectal tear or anal fissure that happened when you tried to defecate, particularly if the BM was not soft. It can also be an irritation of a hemorrhoidal vein. But it can be from a polyp or growth too, so that should be checked out.
I also think the lump between the vagina and rectum needs to be examined - starting with a bimanual exam with two fingers in the vagina and one in the rectum. This will give the doctor an idea of what it might be. It could be an internal hemorrhoid or a cervical polyp (usually benign).
Constipation can definitely cause low back pain, and vice versa. Having low back pain chronically can cause constipation.
Some people are more prone to constipation in spite of a good diet and activity level. Have you tried a fiber supplement such as Metamucil or Citrucel? If you do, go up on it very slowly so your body gets used to it without a lot of gas.
So... I think you should go in to be seen and the bleeding and lump evaluate.
I would be grateful if you let me know how you are doing after you have been evaluated.
I will call and make an appointment today. These are just the embarrassing type of appointments that are hard to make! Especially if there is nothing wrong aside from maybe needing more fiber. But your response gave me the little courage that I needed to trust myself and make an appointment. I will let you know how it goes. Who knows when the next appointment will be available. I would like to see my regular doctor. But if any more bleeding occurs, or any sort of discomfort, i will just go to the walk-in instead of waiting.
Nothing to be embarrassed about.
Please don't be embarrassed by this issue. It actually happens fairly often to people, and anyway, by the time a person is done with medical school and residency, nothing phases them anymore. So nothing to be embarrassed about!
Yes do go in to an urgent care or ER if there is a lot of bleeding, and otherwise your own doctor.
Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for severe back pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain radiating to head
- Endometriosis and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- Relief for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Ivf severe back pain
- Sudden severe back pain
- Medicine for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis