• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe back and hip pain while having fibromyalgia

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: yes I have fibro but have had more problems standing increased back and hip pain. When I wake my left side is numb along with some dizziness and light headed.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Methylcobalamin supplements will help.

Detailed Answer:
The back and hip pain that you have can be related to spondylottic changes. The numbness can be related to a mild nerve root compression. in addition to Gabapentin and Meloxicam that you are taking methylcobalamin supplements and a muscle relaxant can help. You can use a local analgesic gel on the lower back after a hot compress for relief. Doing regular physiotherapy will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon