Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
Behaviour therapy helps to control anxiety.
Hi, thanks for asking from HCM for your health related doubts
Anxiety cause significant problems in functioning. Development of anxiety in crowds occur in claustrophobia. Behaviour therapy techniques like Deep breathing or Progressive muscle relaxation exercises are good options for treatment. If done properly these have equal efficacy to medicines.
If the anxiety persists then there is need to re-evaluation. Medicines like beta blockers like Propranolol or low dose benzodiazepines can be used on SOS basis and helps to control anxiety. Propranolol is a safe drug and doesn't cause any serious side effects. If you don't want to take medicines then supplements like St. Johns Wort etc can be used. This is a herbal supplement and helps to control anxiety.
Exercise also helps in beating the symptoms and you should exercise daily.
Thanks. Take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for severe indigestion due to anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety followed by chest discomfort
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe depression anxiety adhd and ptsd
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?