Suggest treatment for severe anxiety while on Lexapro

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I'm taking lexapro for anxiety I went to doctor a found out I was iron deficient. I had 10mg of lexapro with iron tablets. I take lexapro at night to help with sleep . itworked when I first took it but then I stopped for a week. Now I back on it, I am experiencing sleeplessness, twitchy toes and burning feet. could lrxapro be making it worse?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms unlikely related to Lexapro.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

It is expected that Lexapro should improve these symptoms, not to get them worse.

Iron deficiency may result in restless legs syndrome, and symptoms you describe are among typical symptoms encountered in this syndrome.

These symptoms should subside as iron deficiency is corrected, so, I think you should continue your treatment.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad