Suggest treatment for severe anxiety in an elderly person
I think yes
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
From the available description there is good possibility that your mother suffers with delirium which is a condition characterised by sleep disturbance, perceptual disturbance (often visual hallucinations), inattention and fearfulness and change in mental status.
The points in favour include sudden onset,
and most importantly old age and withdrawal of medications.
Although the cause for delirium on this day could be drug withdrawal but the possibility of other problems at the same time can not be ruled out and visiting emergency is recommended.
I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for severe indigestion due to anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety followed by chest discomfort
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe depression anxiety adhd and ptsd