Suggest treatment for severe anxiety, depression and obesity

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: have severe depression loneliness and anxiety severe obesity.
have no friends 13 yrs house bound past 3 yrs, night time is the worst no sleep.
every night depressed and loneliness as night goes on anger sets in also.
past 8 months the worst but all above 6 yrs +
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
antidepressants, psychological treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.

You suffer from severe depression, loneliness and anxiety. This gets worst in night.
I have also gone through your conversation with other doctors here in past. I noticed that you are taking multiple medications for various medical illnesses.

For depression, you have been taking sertrailne.
I would suggest you a dose increment of sertraline (max dose being 200ng).

If still there is no response, addition of another antidepressant like venlafaxine can be considered.

Apart from this, psychological treatment like cognitive therapy and behaviour activation will also help you.

You should try to motivate yourself for physical exercise daily like running, cycling, swimming etc.
Eat green vegetables and fruits.
Try to socialise. I feel you are struck in vicious cycle of depression-loneliness-depression. You can yourself break this cycle by constantly motivating yourself.

Kindly consult a specialist (psychiatrist) for proper treatment. Follow his advice sincerely. I am sure you will be well soon.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 1 hour later
i'm 240+ kilos short in stature get around with a walker.
can't walk on concrete to severe for the body.
i use food as my only friend at night only, gets me through the night
help with depression / loneliness.
thoughts of suicide dr had to take my pain killers away wish when i do
sleep i never wake up again.

thankyou doctor
Brief Answer:
never loose hope.

Detailed Answer:
I understand how depressed you must be feeling.

But, life has ups and downs for everyone.
Easier said then done, but one should always try to stay hopeful.

If possible, please find a mental health care worker/nurse for you.
Try to take your medicines.

I will pray for your good health.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj