Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and fibromyalgia
I also had a bone density scan of my whole body which showed Active L4/L5 facet joint athritis, Active C3/C4 facet joint athritis
Moderate C6/C7 disco-vertabrel degenerative disease.
T11/T12 disco-vertabrel degenerative disease
Cervical spine active left C3/C4 facet joint athritis with moderate C6/C7 disco vertebral degenerative disease
There is low grade pattern of degenerative athritis inthe hips and knees
Thanks very much for your question.
I have a couple of thoughts that might be helpful for you.
First, an excellent medication that treats anxiety as well as fibromyalgia and other types of body pain is an SNRI. Trade names include Effexor, Cymbalta, or Pristiq. This is the first thing I would prescribe for you. Lyrica is okay, but only in higher doses. An SNRI is preferred.
For spasm, I would consider Flexeril, a muscle relaxant. You can also consider pain medication such as ibuprofen or Tramadol.
Physical therapy is going to be the long-term solution for you, in addition to medication. PT has proven efficacy for back pain of all types and is a natural way to improve pain. Massage therapy is also effective.
Finally, as an aside, I would try to avoid Xanax at your age. An SNRI as mentioned above is more effective, safer, and less addictive.
My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX psychiatrist working in New York City. For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, or individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: XXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest generic form of cymbalta for fibromyalgia treatment
- Having symptoms of fibromyalgia referred to hydrotherapy treatment suggestions
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for severe indigestion due to anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety followed by chest discomfort
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for fibromyalgia
- Can tiredness and anxiety be the symptoms of fibromyalgia
- Suggest treatment for severe depression anxiety adhd and ptsd