Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and abdominal bloating

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi my stomach and nervousness has been acting up lately.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you describe this, please ?

Detailed Answer:

You may need to help us with more information so that we can adequately address your worries.

Could you describe in greater detail this problem ?

Is it a pain ? Bloating ? Excessively gas ?

For how long it's happening ?

Is it getting worse or about the same ?

What about your stools ?

Do you have any fever ?

Please, response to these detailed queries in order to help us provide a personalized and helpful response to you.

I hope to hear back from you so as to provide a complete and helpful personalized response to you.

Awaiting....

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 44 minutes later
Yes I'll be happy to provide all of my information.

It has been going on for two years. Sometimes when I eat, I get bloated and nauseous with some broken up stools and a runny nose. I will usually get better (without the aid of any medication) after an hour or two and a lot of burping though sometimes the at the end of each burp, I can feel a little reflux. My anxiety might have something to do with it. I can't eat when I'm nervous. I am a person who stresses out a lot and while I try to control it, my body still messes up. Lately however, the episodes have become more frequent and I've noticed when I lay down that my stomach gurgles. It all started when I was about to leave my job. Yesterday things were a bit scary. I went on lunch break, had some fried chicken strips, fries, and a sprite soda. Afterwards I went back to work but I was feeling uncomfortable. I felt bloated and nauseous. I would burp and it would help but my stomach still felt like it had a lot of pressure. I started getting anxious. My nose was running bad, my face felt hot, my hands were a little tingly, and I was shaking. After a while, I felt something slowly come up halfway and then it went back down. After that, the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach went away but then I started feeling pain in my lower abdomen. As of right now, I feel fine, my stomach just feels a little tight, no pain, and my stools are normal brown though they are small like a little constipation
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have anxiety episodes!

Detailed Answer:

I think you have anxiety attacks. You would need to developing coping strategies dealing with unfamiliar or stressful conditions to avoid getting overwhelmed and over reacting.

Also, get a few doses of diazepam or clonazepam with you so that you can always take when you are overwhelmed and you become anxious. However, this requires a script from your doctor and I will suggest that you follow up with him to get this script provided.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad