Suggest treatment for severe ankle injury
Get an MRI done; consult an orthopedician
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
Ankle joint has not only bones but also important ligaments and tendons around it which are very important for proper functioning.
You had ruled out any fracture after your trauma as there was no bony injury but other soft tissue injuries should be ruled out too.
Pain after 3 years in spite of using ankle brace signifies some underlying injury which has persisted.
My suggestion will be to get an MRI of ankle done and consult an orthopedician for further advice or get back to me with reports. Physiotherapy in the form of ankle drills will be helpful.
For now, use ankle brace while walking and outdoor activities, apply hot dry compression locally and apply painkiller gels like diclofenac etc as required.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for childhood ankle injury
- Growth plate in ankle injuries
- Ankle injury inside of ankle
- How to fake an ankle injury
- Childhood ankle injury causes
- Ankle injury swelling treatment
- Treatment and cure for traumatic ankle injury
- Suggest treatment for ankle injury
- Traumatic ankle injury causes
- Treatment and cure for ankle injury