Suggest treatment for severe and consistent pain in stomach

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello dr...today i visit a doctor as my wife has some stomach pain since 10-15 as the pain was not consistent and pain was like only when she was having food...the dr asked me for her sonography...and the reports are come....the reports suggest mild fatty liver...so what shoud b the treatment...as i have to visit the dr in evening now....is there any problem...reply soon...thankss
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fatty liver is not the cause for pai

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Fatty liver usually remains asymptomatic. That is not the cause of her abdominal pain. It is not a serious issue if the risk factors are corrected. Get a liver function test done.
Some of the risk factors for fatty liver are obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol etc.
So weight reduction and control of blood glucose if diabetic and cholesterol if it is high should be done.

For her abdominal discomfort an upper GI endoscopy may be done.

I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.R.K.