• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe anal pain

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Hello Doctor,
The pain has subsided only 20-30%. I am not massaging at all for the last 6-7 days. The maximum pain I feel is at a particular point of scar near to the opening of the anus which feels as a painful boil. As told earlier hardness and swelling has reduced, but the pain is troubling me a lot even when I pass gas. Please suggest should I wait or should I get a MRI done again. When I see the area there is absolutely nothing.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please go ahead.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for the information.

As the hardness and swelling have reduced but the pain has subsided only 20-30 per cent the most likely cause is a local hematoma with or without a nerve entrapment. Hence the pain even while passing gas.

MRI certainly helps to confirm a particular thing or rule out a certain thing, you may please get this done. This helps in reducing the stress, anxiety and strain too.
Please continue Sitz bath, Ibuprofen at 8 hourly interval.
Use doughnut pillow, laxatives and anything that control the pain.

Please tell me the report of MRI, better post it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon