• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe acne while on Minoz

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Dr XXXXXXX I've been suffering from acne for over 7 years now. I've been consulting a dermatologist. My face clears up everytime I take the medicine and re occurs when I stop. Summers are the worst. I've been using the following whenever there is too much acne on my face. Minoz 50 MG tablets (in the night), Clear gel in the night and Seba Med face wash. I spent a month in the states and my face was so clear and the day I landed in XXXXXXX to now, the acne just seems to be getting worse. Need suggestions on getting rid of them forever. Is there any home made remedy that I ican use to get rid of the pain overnight?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Management of acne

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and can understand your concern but acne is a chronic disease which is very common in your age group.
It is usually associated with hormonal changes and excess sebum production.
It will start improving as you age but till that time you need to take medicines to keep it under check so that it doesn't leave marks and scars.
You have mentioned that you use the medicines whenever their is a flare of acne.
I would recommend you to continue with the sebamed face wash as well as clear gel even if you don't have too many pimples as this will prevent aggravation of acne.
You can take minoz tablet whenever their is flare of acne but continue it for a minimum of 4-6 months under supervision of a dermatologist so that chances of relapse are less.
Besides this keep your face dry, avoid applying oily creams and moisturisers, avoid oiling of scalp, use cosmetics labelled as noncomedogenic and reduce the intake of sugary foods.
As far as home remedy is concerned use fullers face mask once or twice weekly.
I hope this information helps you and can overcome your acne problem in future.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist