• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe acidity, abdominal bloating, burping, chest pain and constipation

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi my wife is sufferin from severe acidity from many years stomach bloatness ,burping , chest pain n contispation Did many medications but only time being can u pplz suggest any advice
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dyspepsia

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM & I do understand your concern

With such a presentation in my clinic, I would first rule out dyspepsia and for which I may first suggest you some life style modification like this-:

1)Make a list of foods which trigger your symptoms and try to avoid it like fatty and spicy foods, processed foods, carbonated beverages and fast foods.

2)Eat small amount instead of eating large meal at a time and chew your food slowly and thoroughly.

3)Try to avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking

4)Try to avoid pain killers if taken unnecessarily

5)Make a list of medications which trigger your symptoms

6)Try to control stress and anxiety by practicing relaxation techniques and get plenty of sleep

7)Try to maintain a healthy weight because excess weight put pressure on abdomen so to achieve it make a plan for regular exercise.

If it still persists despite taking preventive measures then over the counter antacids can be taken or you can take prescription medications like [pantoprazole]

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions before meeting your primary care Doctor.

Thanks and wish you a good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo