Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
Thanks for choosing HCM for your query!
Answers to your questions are as follow-
1)Yes the taste in your mouth is because of acid reflux,No its not the side effect of nexium.You are having a problem medically termed as GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disorder associated with reflux esophagitis.It is a chronic digestive disease. GERD occurs when stomach acid or, occasionally, stomach content, flows back into your food pipe .The weird taste in this mouth is because of this back flow only.This problem can be associated with heart burn and gastritis also.
Ask your gastroenterologist to increase the dose of Esomeprazole ,Esomeprazole can be used in dosage as high as 80mg twice daily ,Ask him to add Domepridome 30mg slow release once daily,This will slow down the reflux of acid back and would provide symptomatic relief.An antacid containing local anaesthetic could be added to drug regimen.Acotiamide is a new drug and is very effective in controlling symptoms of GERD and esophagitis.In trials- Acotiamide,a gastrointestinal motility modulator,at a standard dose of 100mg thrice daily has significantly affected esophageal motor functions or gastroesophageal reflux in healthy adults.
2)Yes stress and anxiety increases the symptoms,Over anxiety stimulates the vagal nerve innervating stomach and esophagus,Hence causing increased motality and reflux.Anxiety and stress are associated with increased symptoms.Trials have shown that person with GERD are 4 times more susceptible to acid peptic disorders then a person with normal levels of anxiety and stress.Thats why you feel better on exercising or when you are not nervous.Please ask your doctor to consider adding low dose of anti-anxiety medications like Etizolam for few weeks,This will help you recover much faster.
Though not asked by you yet some general instructions apart from medicines to help you inFast recovery are-
- Increase XXXXXXX warm water intake
- Try to eat vegetable,Take a lot of Yoghurt along with food.
- Eat plentiful "fresh oranges" and "pear "
- do some exercise everyday as per your capacity try to take a 20 minute walk.
-Don't worry too much.
- Take a diet which is very low in Fat.
-Add lot of vegetables and fruits to your diet.
-Fruit juices should be taken.
- Frequent and small meals should be taken.
-Take small amount of food every 2 hours,Don't take large meals at one time.
Yes you can take neksium twice daily(rember to take it empty stomach atleast one
Syrup mucaine gel(oxethazaine with aluminium hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide) 10ml twice daily can be taken 5 minutes before meals with half cup of water,Its a over counter medication.
No its not a natural product.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and stomach digestion problems
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and heartburn
- Natural treatment for acid reflux
- Nexium for acid reflux
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux attacks
- Acid reflux nexium not working
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and vomiting
- Acid reflux treatment
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux
- Bile acid reflux treatment
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses