Suggest treatment for severe abdominal pain

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: I am having severe period like pains today before my FET day after tomorrow
Is it normal ? I'm on
Progynova 2 mg twice in morning and evening
Susten 200 mg morning and evening
Dexa 0.5 morning and evening
Ecospirin 75 morning
Fertissure morning and evening
Silnafil morning and evening
Duphaston morning and evening

Lonopin 40 injections daily
GCSF injections alt day

I am 39 and have very low AMH. Last two cycles doctor has. Not observed follicles in the scan. I was diagnosed with endometrial TB and treated for the same last year. In the meantime I underwent natural cycle egg pickups and subsequently we have some embryos lined up for FET.

This cycle doctor started me on Progynova ( above dosage) from Day 2 and was more comfortable with the endometrium thickness. On Day 14 it measured 10.3 mm and he felt since I was not ovulating we can do the transfer on Day 22 after the introduction of above medicines - Susten and all others.

I had some spicy pickles on Saturday night and Sunday morning and have been cramping badly from Sunday afternoon. I had lot of heat generated in the body and extreme lower abdomen and pelvic region pain as if my period is about to come. The pain has been immense and I am worried if we should go ahead with this transfer given my background. I consulted the doctor today and he said the endometrium looked okay at 12.3 mm and from his side it looks okay and we need to decide.

With the pain in the lower abdomen I am worried. Please advise whether there can be any onset of period with growing endometrium and could the pickles have caused it ? Also with duphaston, progynova and Susten can one get period ? Could these cramps and pain be because of the number of medicines being taken ? Your advise will help me immensely in deciding about going ahead with this cycle. Doctor has asked us to decide and I want some clarity. Request advise.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pickle induced pain could be gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
I have gone through your detailed question.
With previous history of tuberculosis you should be going ahead with FET.
All these medicine are supporting your endometrium and should support the embryo for implantation.
Periods will not come until you stop susten and duphastone.
You need not worry about the number of medicines you are taking .
Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng