Suggest treatment for severe abdominal pain

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: He is suffering from stomach pain as well.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give ondensetron and ranitidine,physician's evaluation is needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I can understand your concern.Here I am continuing with my previous answer.
There can be so many causes of vomiting and pain abdomen,but the most common cause is gastritis.
Other less common causes are appendicitis, inflammation in liver/appendix/intestine.
I won't get worried if vomiting is not green in color/child is passing stool normally and there is no abdominal distension.
Ranitidine and ondensetron helps in relieving the symptoms.Giving antispasmodic like drotaverine or dicyclomine helps in pain.
I would suggest you to get him evaluated by a pediatrician to rule out other cause if there is any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng