Suggest treatment for severe abdominal cramps while on Acetaminophen
May need treatment with Mucomyst (N-acetyl cysteine) to protect liver.
Yes, that is a lot of acetaminophen in a short period of time. Acetaminophen can damage the liver. I think you should go in to either urgent care (if they have a lab) or the ER to have you liver enzymes checked promptly. If treated early with N-acetyl cysteine (Mucomyst) IV, it can help reduce subsequent liver damage. It is used in people who have overdosed on acetaminophen.
You may be just fine, but better to be cautious. So do go in now.
I hope this information helps. You are welcome to give me a follow up after you are seen.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for lower abdominal cramping
- Symptoms of severe abdominal cramping
- Treatment and cure for nauseous, abdominal cramps
- Treatment and cure for mild abdominal cramping
- Treatment and cure for severe abdominal cramping
- Treatment and cure for abdominal cramp
- Diagnosis of severe abdominal cramping
- Severe abdominal cramping causes
- Treatment and cure for premenstrual abdominal cramps
- Severe abdominal cramps and diarrhea