Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating and pain

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Stomach very bloated, feel like a need to have a BM CONSTANTLY but just pass fleshy gel like bloody stuff... saw dr yesterday and he just said to make appt with GI dr monday ? Stomach really hurts and am soooo tired and feel awful
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to investigate

Detailed Answer:

What you mention about the problem can turn serious. You are passing blood clots via gut. The clots could be due to leaking blood in the lower end of the gut like descending colon, sigmoid colon or rectum.
Sometimes the problem could be simple from fissure to common piles but it needs a detailed investigation like per rectal exam, sigmoidoscopy and if required a lower GI endoscope(colonoscopy).
Your doctor was right in referring your to GI specialist.
Please let me know the details once you are done with the appointment and I can add more lines and inform you much better.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy