Suggest treatment for severe abdominal and back pain

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I was in the hospital for a proximal tachycardia episode two days ago and they ran a CBC and UA screening. The ER doctor never went over the results from either of them but I have a copy. Since then I have been experiencing back pain and now more severe abdominal pain, I glanced over my UA results about an hour ago and concerned I have a kidney infection (which I have had twice in the past two years).
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you have a UTI per your lab report!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain. I have reviewed your information and you for sure have a UTI. I will suggest that you talk to your doctor to obtain antibiotics as this cannot be done online. Otherwise, I often use nitrofurantoin but will allow the decision on what to take to your doctor.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.