Suggest treatment for severe PTSD with agoraphobia

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I was recently robbed at gunpoint while I was at home because I sell medical devices and it was a home invasion. My friend was over at the time and he was killed right in front of me. I can't sleep, I'm having panic attacks and I'm having a hard time leaving my place( I had to move). What should I do? You can see me at XXXX. Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PTSD

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are describing severe PTSD with accompanying agoraphobia or fear of going outside of your home. If you have not already tried you shold be on medication like an SSRI prozac or paxil or celexa for the anxiety. In addition to medication you must start a program of cognitive behavioral therapy. There is a good workbook called "The Anxiety and Phobia WorkBook" by Dr. Bourne which will help greatly with your anxieties.

We do not prescribe medications from this site nor do we do therapy. We are just an informational source to help you find answers to your questions.
You need weekly counseling with someone who is trained in PTSD treatments.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again nif you have any further questions