Suggest treatment for serious arrhythmia
Need ECG for evaluation
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Skipped heart beat can be normal Premature Ventricular Contraction (PVC) or more serious arrhythmia (Atrial Flutter or Fibrillation).
Coming first to PVC - they are actually premature contraction from a normal part of heart which can override the normal conduction system of heart. It is like current being generated from wire in place of generator. Occasional PVC are normal in a normal heart. But more than 10 PVC per minute is abnormal & should be evaluated.
Cause of PVC could be electrolyte imbalance, certain structural defect of the heart.
Now coming to arrhythmias causing it.
They can be Atrial Flutter or Fibrillation (AF). They are a serious thing & should be evaluated & treated accordingly.
For diagnosis of both you first need to do a ECG & 2D Echo. If this skipped heart beat is not captured in the ECG than we put ECG monitoring for 24hr which is called Holter Monitoring.
Treatment will be as per their report.
So get all these tests done soon for further evaluation & treatment.
I hope this answers your query, if you have any more question, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks & take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for ventricular arrhythmia
- Treatment and cure for recalcitrant arrhythmia
- Heart arrhythmia treatment
- Sinus arrhythmia treatment
- Newborn heart arrhythmia treatment
- Treatment and cure for atrial arrhythmia
- Suggest treatment for copd and arrhythmia when on digoxin
- Treatment and cure for arrhythmia
- Treatment and cure for sustained arrhythmia
- Cardiac arrhythmia treatment