Suggest treatment for septic shock

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I want to what kind of doctor would be best for me since i had sepsis shock about 6wks ago. I also would like to know if there is a way you could find the best specialist in my area. I live in the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX area and I do not know how to find the doctor who does not treat you like a number. I really need some help , I want a doctor who diggs till they find the source of the infection, please.
XXXX
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult an infectious diseases specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ms. XXXX

I understand your concern regarding sepsis but would like to elaborate more on sepsis and septic shock for you to understand your condition better and the best way to deal with it.

Sepsis is defined as a complication of infection where infection spreads to bloodstream and triggers inflammation leading to multi organ failure.

Septic shock is third stage of sepsis where there is fall in blood pressure and may cause death if not treated immediately.

Sepsis has to be treated in the mild stage to prevent its progress to shock.

Typical presentation of sepsis is fever, increased heart rate, increased respiratory rate and confirmed infection in any part of the body.

I suggest you get in touch with an infectious diseases specialist who might ask you to get some investigations to confirm infection.

Once infection is confirmed, you have to undergo culture sensitivity testing which will guide the doctor to treat you with appropriate antibiotics.

Please do not worry, sepsis is treatable.

But first infection has to be confirmed to get antibiotic therapy.

I hope I have cleared your doubts.

Please get back if any more clarifications.

Thanks.