Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for septic shock

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 877 Questions
I want to what kind of doctor would be best for me since i had sepsis shock about 6wks ago. I also would like to know if there is a way you could find the best specialist in my area. I live in the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX area and I do not know how to find the doctor who does not treat you like a number. I really need some help , I want a doctor who diggs till they find the source of the infection, please.
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult an infectious diseases specialist

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern regarding sepsis but would like to elaborate more on sepsis and septic shock for you to understand your condition better and the best way to deal with it.

Sepsis is defined as a complication of infection where infection spreads to bloodstream and triggers inflammation leading to multi organ failure.

Septic shock is third stage of sepsis where there is fall in blood pressure and may cause death if not treated immediately.

Sepsis has to be treated in the mild stage to prevent its progress to shock.

Typical presentation of sepsis is fever, increased heart rate, increased respiratory rate and confirmed infection in any part of the body.

I suggest you get in touch with an infectious diseases specialist who might ask you to get some investigations to confirm infection.

Once infection is confirmed, you have to undergo culture sensitivity testing which will guide the doctor to treat you with appropriate antibiotics.

Please do not worry, sepsis is treatable.

But first infection has to be confirmed to get antibiotic therapy.

I hope I have cleared your doubts.

Please get back if any more clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor