Suggest treatment for sensitivity on the tongue

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Dental Health
Question: I have a sensitive tip of my tongue now for several days. Feels like I burned it but don't remember doing so and has lasted several days.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Traumatic ulcer, burn, topical medication

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.

The sensitive tip of the tongue can be because of a traumatic ulcer secondary to trauma by the teeth. The other possible cause can be because of the burn secondary to consumption of hot food. Nothing to panic. You can take a course of topical anesthetics like Lignocaine and topical analgesics like Choline salicylate. If the ulcer does not healing in 3-5 days, then consult an oral physician and get it evaluated.

These are the possible causes, diagnosis and treatment plan based on your description of the lesion. If possible upload the images of the lesion for the better diagnosis.

I hope I have answered your query. if you have any queries reply me back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 19 minutes later
I also had brief (few seconds) oral sex with a massage woman a week ago. Could that have anything to do with it. So sorry for this embarrassing follow up question.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Abrasions, Medications, Consult an oral physician

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.
Any abrasions during oral sex to tongue can also result in in these ulcers. Nothing to be panic. You can use those medicines and you will be fine in 3 days. If it is not subsiding then you can consult an oral physician and get it evaluated. Do saline gargling. I hope I have answered your query. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 1 hour later
Thank you for these replies, Dr. XXXXXXX I have been very concerned because I am embarrassed and ashamed that I let myself do this with this female. Was expecting just massage, when she offered more I allowed it to happen.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid oral sex

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply. Nothing to get embarrassed after doing it. From now on you can avoid it.
I hope I have answered your query. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar