Suggest treatment for sensitivity in restored teeth

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Dental Health
Question: I have filled up a teeth two months ago , it was fine . But now for the last 2 weeks , the same tooth has become sensitive to cold water . However if i keep the water for a long time in my mouth, pain goes away. Please suggest what i should do . No pain while eating though.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Deep cavity , High filling , IOPAxray , Treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic .
This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query .

I have read your query and understand your concern . As far as sensitivity in restored teeth is concerned this can be due to two possibilites . Firstly it can be due to deep cavity . Restoration irritates the nerve of the tooth and cause senstivity . If this is the cause of senstivity Root canal treatment is to be done . Other possibility can be due to filling is just little bit 'high' . It may cause your tooth to have trauma while chewing and in the time that tooth become sensitive .
For this I will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for clinical examination and Intraoral periapical radiograph of tooth to evaluate the cause and get proper diagnosis . Inmeantime do warm saline rinses and maintain proper oral hygiene .

Hope I have answered your query .
If your have further query I will be happy to help .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj