Suggest treatment for seizures, lupus and pituitary adenoma
Imaging is essential
I read your question carefully and I am sorry about the symptoms you are experiencing.
The fact that you suffer from lupus is a very important piece of information. Lupus can affect the nervous systemnin many different ways causing various manifestations including seizures.
That can be through damage of small blood vessels in a diffuse manner or damage to bigger vessels through inflammation, called vasculitis. There is also the possibility of ischemic stroke, blockage of a blood vessel which can be due to heart damage or due to increased coagulation by certain antibodies.
So it is really important you have brain imaging, even though you are afraid. According to the finding and thr damage mechanism management could vary.
Also the fact you have lupus doesn't make you immune to other conditions. There can be something not related to lupus like say meningeoma a slow growing benign brain tumor which can manifest only with seizures, easily treated through surgery. That is why imaging is always indicated in seizures in an adult. The preferred exam is MRI with contrast, not the CT which you mention.
As for the treatment, you seem to be under two drugs for seizures gabapentin and clonazepam (clonopin). Without knowing your type of seizure, EEG report and other drugs you have taken before can't evaluate that, not common first line therapy though, usually other drugs are tried first (valproic acid, levetiracetam etc).
I remain at your disposal for further questions.
I forgot to tell you about my many dvt s. I've had 11. Worst was Cr 1996. 6 months gestation with 2 very large dvt in my illiac. Very painful....and left leg 4dvt . 3 leg, 1 left lunglung. Yadda yadda.
I occasionally smoke hydroponic p. Not wanting to admit, yet it helps. Please, if you will send to my correctcorrect E-mail @ XXXX@ YYYY@YYYY .
Again, thank you doctor,for taking time for my issues
Thank you for that additional info.
That confirms that you must have a coagulation disorder predisposing you for stroke. I wonder if you have been tested for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, very common in patients with lupus which can manifest with repeated stroke which in turn can be the cause for your seizures.
If that is the case you should be treated with anticoagulant treatment (either warfarin or the newer oral anticoagulants) or there is the risk for recurrent stroke in the future which can be even more serious, prevention is the key.
As for the email, I am assuming you have put a wrong email address in your info. Problem is I can not change that, only a moderator or administrator can, I do not have such an option in my interface.
I understand your concern, but the fact that one has pot in the system doesn't mean he can be denied medical assistance for other issues, as I said seizures in a high risk stroke person is a serious issue. Anyway if you really fear thar you can try to stop pot for the time for it to be undetectable, such times vary among individuals and frequencynof use but generally 10 days are enough.
Thank you for your appreciative words. I hope you will get better soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pituitary adenoma
- Liver adenoma treatment
- Suggest treatment for stress seizures
- Pituitary adenoma ayurveda treatment
- Benign adrenal adenoma treatment
- Treatment and cure for residual pituitary adenoma
- Pleomorphic adenoma parotid treatment
- Pleomorphic adenoma ayurvedic treatment
- Suggest treatment for clonic seizure
- Suggest pain management treatment for lupus
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...