Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for second degree skin burn

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
I recently suffered a 2nd degree burn, from a muffler. most of it has healed in 2 weeks but there's a large yellow patch which hasn't had any improvement in 4 days. I clean and dress it twice a day but nothing has improved. I'm currently out of country in Asia with no health coverage and no English speaking doctors. I just need an opinion on what to do. I'm worried I'll need a skin graft or surgery and don't want it to become worse. does it look infected? I'm not running a fever but it does hurt and I just want something I can do to improve it.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not infected

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

I have seen the image, the wound does not look infected. Need not worry, there is rich granulation tissue which is a sign of healing. Since its a 2nd degree burn it does take time to heal completely.

Continue dressing, use a better antibacterial cream like Mupirocin. I would suggest you to be patient.

You can opt for plastic surgery, I see its a good candidate for the same.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor