Suggest treatment for second degree skin burn

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I recently suffered a 2nd degree burn, from a muffler. most of it has healed in 2 weeks but there's a large yellow patch which hasn't had any improvement in 4 days. I clean and dress it twice a day but nothing has improved. I'm currently out of country in Asia with no health coverage and no English speaking doctors. I just need an opinion on what to do. I'm worried I'll need a skin graft or surgery and don't want it to become worse. does it look infected? I'm not running a fever but it does hurt and I just want something I can do to improve it.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not infected

Detailed Answer:

I have seen the image, the wound does not look infected. Need not worry, there is rich granulation tissue which is a sign of healing. Since its a 2nd degree burn it does take time to heal completely.

Continue dressing, use a better antibacterial cream like Mupirocin. I would suggest you to be patient.

You can opt for plastic surgery, I see its a good candidate for the same.

Wish you good health.