Suggest treatment for second degree skin burn

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I recently suffered a 2nd degree burn from a muffler on a motorbike, it didn't look so bad at first so I ignored it. the following night it looked much worse so I put over the counter ointment sterile gauze and wrapped it. after 5 days I began to worry so I went to a hospital. I'm currently in south Korea with no medical coverage. the doctors scraped it and shaved it, dressed it and gave me a shot and some meds. there was a small yellow discoloration at that time, about 1 inch in size. now 2 weeks later almost everything has healed but the discoloration has expanded and has healed or changed in 4 days. its 3 inches in size, its a little painful but I'm not running a fever. I'm very worried its infected but no doctors here speak English and the medical practices are not very good. I need advi e on if it looks infected and what should I do?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UPLOAD FEW IMAGES OF WOUNDED AREA.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your current problem and concerned thing. However, I would like to view some images of wounded area so that I can understand properly.

Kindly, upload or attach some CLEAR and GOOD quality images of that area. It will help to assist you better and give proper guideline.

Waiting for your response.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 6 hours later
these were taken over the past 4 days, I'm just concerned that the discoloration area isn't healing. everything else healed but it seems to have stopped healing. my biggest concern is infection. I'm not in a lot of pain but there is some swelling around the ankle and tenderness. I only have access to basic pharmacy in my location and the hospital here in south Korea is reluctant to give me antibiotics or medicated creams. is there anything I could buy over the counter or better yet online? thank you for your time
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO INFECTION. FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for attached image. Followings are my comments:

1) I have reviewed your uploaded images. There is NO sign of pus collection or infection. 2nd degree burn usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to heal completely. Your healing process is continued with new granulation tissue. It is quite GOOD.

2) I suggest to apply Topical Sucralfate Cream over the wound area and take oral anti-inflammatory drug (Combined Aceclofenac, Serratiopeptidase, Trypsin, and Chymotrypsin). It will help to reduce swelling, inflammation and accelerate wound healing more better. You can get above medicines Over The Counter. Do dressing regularly.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju