question-icon

Suggest treatment for seborrhoeic dermatitis

Posted on Wed, 2 Dec 2015
Question: Would Tobradex be indicated for red,flaky skin around the eye between the eye brow and eye lid on the inner corner ,area about 1 inch irregular.My regular Dr perscribe Blethamide but drugstores couldn't fill it and my insurance wouldn't cover it. I was sent a letter from Blue Cross -Shield to be perscribe Tobradex or Lotemax.I looked them up they seem to be for red infections in the eye or after surgery.What could I use for red flaky skin around the eye?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
yes you may use any of these ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com. I have read your query. I understand your concern.
As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Seborrhoeic dermatitis. It is characterised by red flaky skin over eyebrows, upper eyelid area, retroauricular area, nasolabial folds, upper chest.
Your doctor has prescribed you Blethamide ointment which is a combination of sulfacetamide and Prednisolone that is tthe combination of antibiotic and steroid. Tobradex and lotemax are also containing an antibiotic and steroid combination.
So you may take any of these for the condition.
I hope I am able to solve your query. If you have any further query, you may ask me. Stay healthy.
Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist