Suggest treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
maintenance therapy is most important
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com.
I have read your query.
I understand your concern.
As per details, your symptoms aptly fit into Seborrhoeic dermatitis. It is due to dandruff which appear as dry flakes on scalp.
It is highly recurrent condition.
In such cases, I prefer to advise ketoconazole based shampoo to wash the hair. Shampoo should be used twice a week initially till it is completely gone followed by once or twice fortnightly as a maintenance therapy.
For acute condition, I usually advice my patients to apply topical cream containing clobetasone and micogel over sides of nose and other affected area for minimal possible time.
Sudden discontinuation of the treatment is the main cause for relapse.
Maintenance therapy is important in such conditions of skin.
You can share my opinion with your treating doctor.
I am sure he will agree with this.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Penile seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- Seborrheic dermatitis on face treatment
- Treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
- Severe seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- Seborrheic dermatitis scalp treatment
- Is locoid used in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis?
- Alternative treatments for seborrheic dermatitis
- Ayurvedic treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
- Natural treatment for seborrheic dermatitis
- Neutrogina seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- Suggest treatment for acne on face
- What causes itchy and painful acne like bumps on feet?
- Suggest treatment for severe hair fall
- What causes sweaty hands and hot flashes ?
- Suggest treatment for hyper pigmentation on buttocks
- What causes itching sensation of left armpit?
- Suggest treatment for discoloration of lips
- Can psoriasis be permanently cured?
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss
- Suggest treatment for white spot on penis tip