question-icon

Suggest treatment for seborrheic dermatitis

Posted on Fri, 10 Apr 2015
Question: My scalp is very itchey and hair grows under the skin in places on my neck and behind my ears, it can be pulled out and is coated with oil
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Seborrhic dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

From your description it sounds like you have a form of seborrhic dermatitis. To help treat this condition I usually have my patient use a shampoo called nizoral or selsun blue. Both of these products help stop the itch and allow your hair to grow naturally.

Give these shampoos a try for 2 weeks and see if that doesn't help your scalp
I hope this answers your question. Please contact HCM again with your health care concerns and questions

Dr. Ronald Schubert