Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I have had this yucky looking lumpy thing on my scalp for a while now. What is it? It bled once recently.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photograph. Its looking like a sebaceous cyst. It is a collection of skin debris. Only treatment for this is surgical removal. A small surgery lasting 10 min would be enough to remove it. Please meet a dermatologist and get it removed. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp 15 minutes later
What happens if i dont get it removed?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: chance of infection Detailed Answer: Hello There is a chance of infection. As it is on scalp repeated infection can occur. Don't worry it has nothing to do with brain or any other internal organ. It will remain just on skin. Even then I advice you to get it removed, as the procedure is very simple and small. Let me know if you have doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor