Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

163 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for scratch at urethral opening caused by passing kidney stone

Answered by
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 3681 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What medicine would you recommend for a scratch/red mark at opening of urethra causes by passing kidney stone 2 years ago. The US doesnt have hydroheal and ive tried all OTC ointments. Looking for ideas
It causes discompfort and aching in testicles
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Solugel or Novagel

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

You can try for Solugel or Novagel, both are similar in composition as Hydroheal and s best for such rashes or soft tissue scars.

There could be no link between the urethral scar and the pain in the testicles. You may have to get your testicles examined physically by a urologist.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on Soft tissue

doctor1 MD

I have a large knot in a lower back muscle aprox 2cm from my spine when I feel around there is a dip under my skin that Incan push my finger into right next to my spine it feels like the lower back muscle has detatched allowing me to push into my body with my fingers....

doctor1 MD

I had surgery approximately 8 years ago for a broken ankle and later torn ligament. I fell two days ago and it feels like I may have torn my ligament again as it feels like the ligament is moving around. Should I put ice on ir ot heat to help with the pain until I can get into a doctor?

doctor1 MD

I use to be much thicker when I was younger but when I turned 14 I started losing weight quick over the years.well now I am 21 when I had my daughter I started to lose even more weight I have had lost of appetite fatigue muscle aches and pains also I stay nauseous and sick to my stomach.. What could this be?

doctor1 MD

Sir,few years back I noticed that eating glucose(anything sweet including fruits) causes watery stools to me.Later the condition worsened and nothing began to digest.A doctor prescribed me medicine for IBS.Digestion improved but I got very,very weak with no muscles (or fat) in the body.Also,the weakness increases daily.

doctor1 MD

Can you get a zit in your nipple? Because I did!!! I didn't know you could get one there. It was the size of a marble and when I squeezed it tons of puss came out.. But it was my nipple!!!!!!!!!

doctor1 MD

I have had pain in my index finger for a month and trouble straightening and bending my finger. There are times that my finger remains in a curled position and is very hard to straighten. Could this be arthritis?

doctor1 MD

I have pain in the center of my chest near the bottom of my ribcage. sometimes it hurts and burns at the same time. I also have several lumps on my chest and in my left breast. they usually don't bother me but when I get cold they hurt until I...