Suggest treatment for scratch and rashes on arm

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Child Health
Question: hello. my 4 year old has a tiny scratch on his arm and a rash has just broken out around it.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like acute uticaria or insect bite allergy

Detailed Answer:
Hi...I have seen the mages. It looks like a bug bite after which she has developed some allergy or urticaria.

You can use Hydroxyzine at 1-2mg/kg/dose every 6th to 8th hourly for 7-10 days. Most important thing to be remembered is that it has a propensity to recur (called as second crop) within 10-14 days.

But if it becomes red or with high grade fever or severe pain then it means it is becoming secondarily infected. If this happens I suggest you seek medical attention.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,