Suggest treatment for sciatica nerve pain in back and right leg
The opinion received from my MRI is: multilevel degenerative disc and facet joint OA change most prominent at L3-L4 level with several central canal stenos secondary to disc profusion, facet joint OA change with thickening of the ligamentum flavum. Am I a good candidate for surgery?
Hi, I'm dr Alok, rheumatologist, pleased to answer your queries.
If you have problems, like numbness or weakness or severe pain which are not relieved by medicines then you require surgery but before this you need to see a neurosurgeon to confirm whether you need surgery or not.
In milder disease, even physiotherapy can help.
Severity in MRI is not the criteria for surgery.
hope this will help
Dr. Alok kalyani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nerve pain lower right back
- Treatment for sciatica nerve pain caused by high blood pressure
- Nerve pain in lower back
- Nerve pain in right leg
- Suggest treatment for sciatic nerve pain
- Pcos causes sciatica nerve pain
- Suggest treatment for nerve pain and damage
- Back pain and nerve pain
- Suggest treatment for nerve pain in my neck and back
- Sciatica nerve pain burning while peeing