Suggest treatment for sciatica in the left leg

Posted on Mon, 13 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I believe I have statica in my left leg and hip ,it is very painful no pain medication I have taken so far has stop it ,what would be the treatment for sciatica so when I go to the doctor this week I would be prepared
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Variable degree according to your sciatica stage it may include Anti-inflammatories , Muscle relaxant and hot massaging by topical gels.

Detailed Answer: Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

Treatment depends on the underlying cause and the degree of disc herniation it may include Anti-inflammatories , Muscle relaxant , Narcotics , Tricyclic antidepressants , Anti-seizure medications ,steroid injections , physiotherapy , massaging ,spinal straightening excersizes .for my patients i recommend MRI , CT for proper evaluation .

Please click THANK YOU and consider a 5 star rating with some positive
feedback if the information was helpful. Hope the above information helps you,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon