Suggest treatment for sciatic nerve pain
Medication, exercises, precautions
Thanks for the query.
This is usually due to nerve root compression by a slip disc in the spine.
Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights. Apply hot packs to the painful regions intermittently. I prefer to use Diclofenac and Thicolchicoside tablets twice a day for 5 days after meals in my patients with sciatic pain. This is a prescription medicine. Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals needs to be taken with the above combination. Avoid taking Ibuprofen. Do back extension exercise, straight leg raising exercises and physiotherapy.
It is best you get an MRI of the lumbosacral spine to find out the region of nerve root compression.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sciatic nerve pain buttocks
- Iud and sciatic nerve pain
- Chronic sciatic nerve pain
- Sciatic nerve pain and adenomyosis
- Sciatic nerve pain and testis
- Sciatic nerve pain miscarriage
- Sciatic nerve pain relief
- Suggest treatment for sciatic nerve pain
- Any suggestion for sciatic nerve pain
- Treatment and cure for sciatic nerve pain
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain