• question-icon

Suggest treatment for sciatic back pain and pain in the thigh

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had sciatic back pain for about a month which has resolved but now have intense stinging pain on my outer thigh. It comes in spasms and is worse during the night. I thought it was shingles but there is no rash, it's sensitive to clothing touching it but actually feels better if I press firmly on it. Can you suggest anything I could take ? Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin B12 supplements & Pregabalin

Detailed Answer:
The intense stinging pain on the outer thigh can be due to nerve irritation or mild compression. Vitamin B12 supplements & Pregabalin (prescription drug) may be helpful in controlling such neuropathic pain. You need to get these prescribed from your physician after an examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon