Suggest treatment for scar on the face and absence of facial hair

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello sir,

I am jayaraj TC. I have a scar on may face caused by stiches . a G.I sheet edge peeled out some skin (6-8 cm length) from my left bottom of chin and put 16 stiches for the same 3 year before. still the scar remains in face. no hair (Beard) coming there. Is there any remedy other than plastic surgery for reduce the scar and for hair growth?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Healing occurs with scar tissue.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Healing occurs by scar tissue which is fibrous tissue. This is both structurally and functionally different from the original tissue that had been there. Hence the looks are unlikely to be the same. Plastic surgery is indeed a way out. However, laser therapy might also help.

No hair (beard) is likely to grow over the area. However, hair transplant (from appropriate area) can be done if you want normal hair growth over that area.

Feel free to write back.