• question-icon

Suggest treatment for scabies

Posted on Thu, 20 Jun 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: can this be scabies or is it probably something else? it has happened on my feet before but never on my arms until 1 week ago. normally, what happens is the blisters pop up on my feet, then a few weeks later the skin peels off and there are no symptoms for weeks at a time. The blisters appear on my feet after I wear restrictive shoes for too long or somethig similar. this is the first time it has happened on other body parts, and it has spread to my arms, ankles, and hands.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:

It is looking like allergic contact dermatitis. I treat such cases with a mild steroid cream like cortisone to be applied twice daily for a week.

You can also take an antihistamine tablet like Cetirizine if there is itching. It is unlikely to be scabies.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you.

Dr. Rahul Kumar
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 31 minutes later
thank you for your response.
May I ask why it is unlikely to be scabies?
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not scabies

Detailed Answer:

The lesions on your wrist are confluent. In scabies very few lesions are there mainly in finger webs.

Also you have a history of blistering which is uncommon in scabies.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.

Dr. Rahul Kumar
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist