Suggest treatment for scabies

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have scabies...and it is spreeading from one place to the other in fastest pace..it causes itching with pimple like. Once it caused me fever medicines please
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Scabies

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

Scabies is a parasitic infestation caused by sarcoptes scabie. It is a highly contagious skin disease. It is characterised by severe night itching. And the papulovesiclar lesions might occur on wrists,hands,axillae,abdomen and groin areas.the specific lesion is burrow which one finds on finger webs.

You should consult nearby dermatologist to have the perfect treatment. However, I would suggest as follow...

- Ivermectin 12 mg one tab, repeat if needed (prescription drug).
- apply Ivermectin cream at night from neck to toes
- Antihistaminic like Levocetirizine 5 mg at night to relieve itching
- antibiotic course if there is infection.
- take bath in water mixed with few drops of dettol
- wash the clothes in hot water
- keep yourself away from your relatives
- isolate yourself till completely treated, to prevent further spread

Hope ..this would clear your scabies.

Thanks.

Dr XXXXXXX Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee