Suggest treatment for scabies

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: what is the best over the counter cream or medication to get rid of scabies?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I most commonly use Benzyl benzoate

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Medications against scabies are not readily available over the counter. However, check out benzyl benzoate, lindane, Eurax, and permethrin at your local stores or pharmacists. Should they be available over the counter in your area, then you can get them directly and use as instructed. If it is not the case, talk to your prescribing doctor to obtain a prescription for this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.