Suggest treatment for scabies
Suggestions given to be followed.
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
If the diagnosis is certain scabies then you need to have patience.
Permethrin is safe and less irritant than other scabicidals.
If all roommates it had subsided it is likely to be scabies only.
Please wash all the clothes and blanket he comes in contact with in hot water and dry them in hot sun preferably. You can iron them all.This is to kill all remant scabies organism which can cause reinfection.
If he has properly applied overnight once let him not reapply until after a week.
He can reapply after week of 1st application.
First good scrub bath followed by overnight application of permethrin below neck.followed by bath atleast after 12 hours.
If infected then can take oral antibiotics like amoxcillin.
Let him take antihistamines like cetrizine to relieve itching.
Daily repeated application is not advisable as can cause irritant dermatitis.
Wait for it to come down.
Please get back if you have need any clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for seborrheic keratosis?
- What causes weak and fagile nails in a child?
- What causes small blister on index finger?
- Suggest an alternative to Tinaderzol
- What causes fish odor from penis after urination?
- Suggest treatment for dry skin on hands and legs
- What causes large red blotch on left hip after cortisone injection?
- How to get rid of foot fungus?
- What causes bruised foresking after an intercourse?
- What causes boils and itching on penis after having sex?