• question-icon

Suggest treatment for scabies while having HIV

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: OK. I am HIV t for 14 years I haave a1250 cd4 and zero virus for almost ever. I have scabies sincence october 2016 it is killing me. Noyhing works permetrin 10m% Erax, sulfur , you name it Ive tried it...Ivermex even the vet surplus........Help
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ivermectin day 1, 15 & 29, lindane lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I understand your concern but if your HIV is not responding to treatment I would recommend you to take tablet ivermectin 200 microgram per kgbody weight on day 1 and repeat it on day 15 and 29 .
Besides this if repeated applications of permethrin are not effective go for lindane lotion and repeat if aftrer 1 week.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist