Suggest treatment for scabies and itchy lesions

Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Skin Rash
Question:
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suspected scabies

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
The skin lesions (superficial, papulo-vesicular ,at places dried up & excoriated ) look like scabies. Do you have itching,particularly when you are in bed?
To confirm ,one can look for burrows, unroof it with a
sterile needle or scalpel blade, and the scrapings should be examined
microscopically for mites, eggs, and fecal pellets.That can be done by dermatologist.
Permethrin cream (5%) is effective against scabies but tolerance issue might be there.
Ivermectin - a single oral dose (200 μg/kg) is also effective in otherwise healthy
persons; patients may require two doses separated
by an interval of 1–2 weeks. All FDA-approved scabicides are however
available only by prescription.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D