Suggest treatment for sarcoptes scabiei infection
Skin specialist's opinion/ local anti scabies medicine & self care help.
Thank you for the query through HCM.
The problem your grand children & yourself are facing is distressing-to disturb sleep also.- & disturbing day to day life . I understand your concern.
From description of the symptoms, it seems to be a contagious skin condition caused by an itch mite Sarcopti scabiei This mite burrows under the skin specially in skin folds of body-- to cause sever itching all over the body.The rash is typical as you have described it.
It spreads by direct skin to skin contact. your grand children being young, needed a intimate care/nursing- thus the disease was passed on to you. & your son too. Still as it's matter of children it's better to consult a skin specialist & confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment of scabies though easy- has to be extensive along with removal of mite from surroundings.
1) - Application of anti scabies ointment or lotion(Elimite,scabindon,ascabiol lotion) available over counter.Needs to be applied under the neck -after a good XXXXXXX warm water bath & good scrubbing of the rash.
* It is mandatory to avoid the medicine from entering children's mouth. APPLY it under neck only. ( face is not affected mostly),For children the medicine can be half diluted by adding clean water to it.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children ( For it is poisonous)application has to be once a day after scrub bath ,continuously for 3 days minimum.
- All the members affected should be treated at the same time.
2) - The use of linen & cloths during this period has to be restricted/ separated. Clothing/linen has to be disinfected by boiling with soda bicarb- & washing with plenty of water & drying in sunlight.
3) treatment of infected pets/ schoolmates of children will complete the cure.
* In case there is no response to local treatment/ there is secondary infection of the rash-- A skin specialist's consultation is advised. They may need a course of antibiotics, anti histaminics, Injectable antiscabies medicine to cure such case.
I hope the answer was informative as well as useful to you. In case of follow up query I will be happy to help. These are all prescription medications so you need to meed a GP as soon as possible for a prescription.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chest infection
- Suggest treatment for vaginal infection
- Suggest treatment for intestinal infection
- Suggest treatment for skin infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory infection
- Suggest bladder infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for infection in uterus
- Suggest treatment for jaw infection
- Suggest treatment for worm infection
- Suggest treatment for infected prostate
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?