Suggest treatment for sarcoidosis

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have sarcoidosis, a lung disease. How can I reverse this disease?. with fresh fruit/vegetables and natural
herbs, not supplements. I take methrotrexate 2.5mg, 4 tablets per week and I am on oxygen, this do not
limit much of my active, social lifestyle but would like to live without the oxygen, shortness of breath,
coughing and mucus.Will eating a plant-based diet removed the granulomas from my lungs, the scarring?
What foods clean the blood from toxins and change the cells healthy?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern and positive outlook on life

Fresh fruit/vegetables and natural herbs have benefits of their own, though, they haven't been shown to be of any significant affect in altering or reversing the course of sarcoidosis. Plant based diet have also not been shown to eliminate granulomas and related scarring.

Sarcoidosis is a multisystem inflammatory disease that manifests as non caseating granulomas, mainly in the lungs and intra thoracic lymph nodes.

For patients with pulmonary fibrosis from, lung transplantation remains the only modality for increasing long-term survival. Forced vital capacity and Forced expiratory volume in 1 second are mainly used to indicate such a procedure.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil